Sunday, May 29, 2011

From this Journey, I will Take Sooo Much!



Digital Storytelling Family!

Where do I being to tell you how this course has transformed me?  I have taken many an interim class, but I have never walked away with so much knowledge that I believe I can use later on and actually RETAIN!  It amazes me how more of this class tackled more theoretical issues than technical issues.  We theorize daily in life, whether consciously or sub-consciously.  I appreciated that what could be solely a technical class was integrated with a humanistic perspective in dealing with what is going on in the image, behind the image, in the video, in the music, etc.  These are important aspects of "multi-modal" education that goes beyond the technical aspects of learning editing software programs.  This was helpful for me and something that made me look forward to class everyday!  

Of course, the camaraderie in the classroom was priceless.  No one knew me prior to class, but I have "theorized" that it takes a full semester to get to know me, and that is if I care about you! :)  It is not something I do on purpose.  I am just hard to get to know.  But, this class really took me out of my one semester rule, and out of my comfort zone in many instances.  You all really embraced me into the fold, despite not being technically proficient in whatever goes on in TCF!  I appreciate the love and carry it with me wherever I go.  You all are awesome (including and especially Doc!) and I hope we keep in touch!

I feel more comfortable telling my stories and will do so with honesty and trust, because you fabulous people gave me the platform to do so with positive criticism and insight.  It is my hope that I did the same thing for you!

Hasta Luego,
Your Puerto Rican Sista (From anotha Mista!),

Tenacious T

In the life of the spirit there is no ending that is not a beginning.




No comments:

Post a Comment