Monday, May 9, 2011

Ten Things About Alex Seiver


1) I'm a Northerner by trade, I'm from Rock Island Illinois -- one of five cities in Iowa and Illinois forming the area called the Quad Cities...yeah, we know.  That being said, I've embraced the South as my second home.

2) I ran cross country and track here at UA as an undergrad -->

3) I love watching sports (and sports entertainment) and my comments about those pretty much consume my Twitter account

4) I also work for TideTV and Rolltide.com on the live event production crew, and as a video editor.

5) I get bored sometimes and read Wikipedia articles to learn about things I'm curious about.

6) I love gadgets, tech stuff, shiny things...

7) I did an internship in Dublin, Ireland with ESPN America two summers ago that was one of the greatest experiences in my life.

8) I really can't stand a) being wrong, or b) not knowing the answer to something.

9) I would far rather watch two hours of TV shows than a two hour movie.  I think it's the commercials.  They give you a chance to take a break.  Or get food.

10) I'm really quiet when I first meet someone, but that changes pretty quickly.

8 comments:

  1. I'm really impressed when anyone has time to read just to learn something new! (Wikipedia! - Really?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE that you work on the live event production crew! I have a lot of students from my videography class that also shoot for Rolltide.com. I am thinking that maybe you are going to tell a story about sports.... but anything is possible!

    So glad to have you in this course!

    -Doc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dublin sounds like an amazing time. I hope to travel as much as possible....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to the TV over movie watching. My roommates just don't get it... either that or they're sick of my dominating the main TV with whichever program (usually a sitcom) I'm working through at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was born in Illinois! Rock Island is a cool place. I love that the birds are so different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! I do the same thing on wikipedia!

    By the way, when you ran track here at UA did you by any chance know a guy named John Terrino?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yea and Dublin is awesome. I spent last summer interning there for the Lord Mayor. It was one of the best experiences of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @winnieawright Wow I'm just surprised that somebody even knows where that is! Where in Illinois are you from?

    @katieleigh398 Wikipedia is a great resource, it doesn't get the credit it deserves! And no I don't think the name sounds familiar...but I'm also terrible with names

    @LaProfesora I probably know them :) It's a really great environment and I've learned a lot of skills there, and gotten a lot better at other ones.

    ReplyDelete