Saturday, May 28, 2011

People of the Storm-Brice Miller uads final project

This "shoc-doc" is an ethnographic digital story of first-person perspective understanding the multiplicity of perpetual traumas for those who experienced hurricane Katrina and how elements of trauma are not unique to the US refugee (what New Orleanians were called after Katrina) community. With the rash of recent tornadic disasters, these same trauma elements will surface as a reality for hundreds-of-thousands of American citizens. This is my first time in five years expressing, not a personal complaint of response and recovery, but the lingering trauma that haunt not only myself, but entire communities. Very seldom do I share my private emotions, but here I did. Here is my story...



Here's my direct video link: I hope you enjoy and THANKS for a GREAT class! I now know how to use FinalCut Pro:)

1 comment:

  1. I really like how you ended it Brice. Really great job. I hope you get this out into mass media somehow.

    ReplyDelete