Monday, May 30, 2011

Reflecting on a great class of rich content

This class was everything I hoped it would be plus more.Very seldom do you have the opportunity to take a course that reaches all of your expectations and goals; this class did exactly that. More so, as an academic, there is a slim to none chance that you will discover a teaching style and environment that works for your particular learning style. Again, for me, this class did just that. Everything from the learning circle to the daily reflection and having opportunities to always be aware of exactly what's going on really make a difference.

Being this was my first time truly attempting to learn Final Cut Pro, at times I became overwhelmed. Not because of the fast-paced interim, but because I've had a mental block that encouraged me to not learn Final Cut Pro because I'd become an iMovie professional. But today, with my final project video serving as proof, I not only learned Final Cut Pro, I'm well on my way to mastering it! I feel I was able to accomplish learning Final Cut Pro, which was my primary objective for taking the class, because of the hands-on approach of the course and the kindred support the students quickly attained for one another. As students, it felt as though we'd already known each other and was there to fully support the other. And I'd be remised if a didn't take the opportunity to publicly thank Jazz. Jazz just seemed to always be around when I was having FCP difficulty and wanted to give up and complete my project on iMovie. But she refused to let me do so and patiently walked me through whatever hangups I was having.

With that said, all in all, this class was great. Also, it's always weird for me taking mixed-level courses with undergraduates and graduate students. Especially when there are students whom I've taught, mentored, etc. But again, because of the class environment and Dr. Ramist' down-to-earth and relevant style of teaching (being of today and not concentrated on the history or antiquity of knowledge), everyone was at ease, being the course remained concentrated on what we were all there to learn - digital storytelling. It was a pleasure taking this course and getting to know my fellow classmates. Dr. Ramist is the bomb!

No comments:

Post a Comment