Sunday, May 29, 2011

My Digital Story- Identity Complex

Greetings Beauties! I had the privilege and opportunity to take Digital Storytelling with Dr. Raimist. In this class, we talked about so many different things, and it really surprised me. This class was something that I did not expect it to be at all. In fact, it was a whole lot more than I had initially imagined. When I enrolled in the class, I was expecting it to be more technical than theoretical. It actually turned out to be a healthy dose of both. I have gained an even greater appreciation for digital media and the potential impact it can have on the world. In my digital story, I wanted to convey the confusion that I have felt and sometimes still feel whenever confronting isssues of racial identity. I wanted to provide a visual outline that complemented my story. I wanted the images used to allow the viewer to grasp the concept without necessarily having to hear the audio. Thinking about the ways in which people of color are often spoke about helped me to decide on the best pictures to use, and where they would be best positioned within the story. I am proud of the finished product, and it is my hope that the "gift" is something recognizable to all people, regardless of where you may find yourself on the color spectrum. We are all asked to articulate an identity at some point, and this is my attempt at formulating mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment