Monday, May 9, 2011

Ten Things About Me...

My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." 

  • I am a mother to two little girls and they are my world.

  • I am married to an awesome man who adds so much goodness to my life each day.
  • I am addicted to spin class (when graduate school doesn't get in the way).
  • I am a first generation college student.
  • I am originally from New York.  Despite that, I embrace Southern hospitality and food.
  • I am the proud owner of a miniature dachshund.  (My oldest daughter named her, and she originally thought of the name of "Ice Cream."  We liked her second suggestion better.  Her name is Sprinkles. )
  • I am a veteran of the U.S. Army.
  • I have lived in New York, Puerto Rico, Florida, California, Georgia, South Carolina and Alabama.  Apparently, I like living by the water. 
  • I love my life!

8 comments:

  1. I am very excited to have you in this course. I know that you have many stories, and I can't wait to hear them! Adventures in the Army, living around the country, and being a Mom... does it get more exciting?

    I look forward to working with you!

    -Doc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forrest Gump is an awesome movie! It's tough for me to go a day without quoting it at least once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Until this year I have never had a dog living in the same place as me, my family has always been more into cats than dogs. But this year my roommate has two miniature dachshunds one named Georgie (shes about 7 years old) and another named Jack he was only a couple weeks old when we moved in and so we've grown to call him "dah baby nugget" because he was so tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually met Tom Hanks, he's a great guy. When I was younger I thought Forrest Gump was a real football player here, but I was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sprinkles is adorable and loving life is where it's at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Juggie, I saw this movie when I was 15 in New York! The irony is that I never thought I would end up in Alabama, let alone UA. So, I share that in common with Forrest. But also, my bestie from undergrad actually auditioned for the part of Jenny when she was a kid! She didn't get the part, but we joke about how she was almost Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been considering a Jack Russell Terrier. I have always wanted a dog, but never really had the time or money to get one. They are the best little things...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can relate to living near water. Each town I lived in over the last 23 years has a river (pr body of water) running through it. I love to get out on the water for any reason.

    ReplyDelete