Saturday, May 28, 2011

Important Lessons Learned - Final Digital Storytelling Project



This digital story was created in memory of my mother and to acknowledge the legacy that she has in her children.  While I did not know her the way others in my family knew her, I can appreciate who she was now, even in reflecting how Alzheimer’s disease took her at an early age.  I chose to tell this story because my mother’s memorial was a period in my life where I understood my self-worth and the worth of my brothers and sister.  While I have always appreciated their strengths, I felt that this point in my life really created a space where I could embrace them in my presence, which is a rare gift.  This digital story is dedicated to them.  Through it, I hope they understand my love for them, despite the physical distance and differences we have experienced in our lives.  Sharing this story helped me to understand that it is better to dwell on the positive, and that family is important.  They shape the people we become, and I did not give my mother enough credit for that, until now.  I hope you enjoy!

Created May 28, 2011
University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa

No comments:

Post a Comment