Monday, May 9, 2011

Ten Things (Are there sheep?)

I can't read or hear the words "Ten Things" without thinking of 10 Things I Hate About You which was a favorite of my high school group of friends.

If you ever spend any amount of time on Craigslist, you may wonder... "Who actually uses this thing for living accommodations?" -- I did. I responded to an ad posted by my current roommates. I am the best thing they ever found on Craigslist.

Of the South Park group, I am Stan. Of the gang of Always Sunny In Philadelphia, I am Dennis. Of the Friends, I would rather be Chandler (at least he's funny), but most often am compared to Ross.

I can name all 57 characters depicted here:

Yes... I am a nerd. Specifically of the comic variety with a little movie and TV nerd thrown in there as well.

The two organizations out there that, if brought up in a conversation, are most likely to cause me to be red-faced and yelling by the end of the conversation are the Westboro Baptist Church and the Parents Television Council (PTC)

I've read all of The Southern Vampire Mysteries aka. The Sookie Stackhouse Novels a.k.a. the books True Blood is based on and I've watched every episode of both Buffy: The Vampire Slayer and Angel, but refuse to acknowledge those things written by Stephanie Meyer. (I prefer Whedon's vampires to anyone else's interpretation of the folk lore surrounding the bloodsuckers)

I still have the diet of a 1st grader. My most frequent meals are: Kraft Mac & Cheese, grilled cheese, or a turkey (or chicken) sandwich w/a slice of cheese (preferably cheddar, but I'll take American) and a little mustard alongside some Goldfish crackers.

In my life I've been a Bear, a Panther, a Challenger (whatever that is), a Black Bear (twice), a Bison, and an Emu while I was also a Bison.

I'm addicted to Netflix.


10 comments:

  1. See, I've already learned something. I'm ashamed to admit I had no idea the Parents Television Council even existed, let alone what they did. And being a nerd is a good thing. Oh, and Netflix is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a netflix junkie as well... One semester I was on the 3-at-a-time deal. I spent more time watching movies than reading for class...There is something that is addicting about Netflix, kind of like Pringles...Once you pop, you just can't stop...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, netflix is the new "I can survive in my own world all alone" mechanism of the moment. You have a great LOL personality... hold on to that. It makes life go by much merrier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have all 7 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Nice to know we share something in common.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! So much to respond to!!! But, I will comment on the eating habits. Personally, your food choices are most likely better than the average American diet, so, more power to you! Oh, and I miss netflix terribly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love netflix - I find myself fighting with my 4 year old about it often. He borrows (steals) my iphone and ipad to watch Netflix. He can't read but somehow can find every movie he loves on Netlix and Youtube (but that's a whole nother scary story... people's remixes are usually inappropriate).

    I also eat a lot of first grader foods - I just grab whatever is left my kid's meal because I hate to see things wasted.

    My other kid is 13 so we are all about the Stephanie Meyer vamps and Vampire Diaries too. I know it's like a soap opera, but I can't help it (but I do LOVE Joss Whedon's vampires... who doesn't, right?!

    Welcome to the course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and I sir, shall be friends. Are you into Naruto Shippuden, Avatar the Last Airbender?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't help but think thing of "10 Things I Hate About you" when she said we had to write "Ten Things" either.... Of the Three shows you listed and gave yourself characters for, they are all some of my very favorite shows. Also I liked that in Friends you gave yourself Chandler and Ross because Chandler was always my favorite and nobody on the show seemed to get my dad laughing as hard as Ross.... Also don't be ashamed of you're nerdy comic book knowledge, knowing all 57 X-Men characters is rather impressive. I myself have some pretty impressive knowledge of Archie comics from back in the day... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and I was going to try to find a WWE picture with 50+ characters in it, but I couldn't. But the point was that I would've been able to name all of them, so we're in the same boat. Well, different boat but same idea. Eh, you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh also:

    trueblood > twilight

    X a billion

    ReplyDelete